This type of citizenship is called citizenship by naturalization. You need to meet a number of requirements to apply for citizenship by naturalization:
- have a valid residence permit or work visa for 5 years (there should be no breaks)
- permanently reside in Turkey (for example, leaving the country for a maximum of 360 days for the entire period)
- justify the intention to stay in Turkey for permanent residence (educating children, doing business, buying real estate, etc.)
- provide a certificate of non-criminal record
- provide a certificate of the absence of dangerous diseases
- to document your income
- to pass a test of knowledge of the Turkish language
- to be interviewed by a commission consisting of representatives of local authorities
After that, the members of the commission make a positive/negative decision on granting Turkish citizenship.
Important! A tourist residence permit is not a basis for applying for citizenship by naturalization.